The EU has launched a new financial package to support the Western Balkans
The European Commission has launched a new financial package to support 14 investment flagships in transport, energy, environment, human capital, and private sector support in the Western Balkans, worth, in total €2.1 billion.
This investment package includes:
- Sustainable transport (facilitate regional trade, reduce travel times...),
- Clean energy (of which the rehabilitation of hydropower plants in Serbia),
- Environment and climate (improve the overall efficiency of water supply in the Sarajevo canton),
- Human development (of which improvement of energy efficiency andintegrated energy management of the University of Belgrade),
- Private sector (supply of financing for renewable and efficient energy measures in the region, sustainable access to finance for entrepreneurship...).
More information on the EU's website.